Organized by SIU Advanced Coal & Energy Research Center
1740 Innovation Drive - Carbondale, IL
The Regional Energy Forum (REF) at the Dunn Richmond Economic Development Center on the Southern Illinois University Carbondale campus will provide inspiration and resources to create energy initiatives and jobs in the region. The REF will bring together local businesses, industry that needs energy and energy companies, educators, trainers, students, employees and other industry facilitators on a regular basis, to develop a core working group and a regional resource center to help meet the challenges of the energy industry:
- One of the hub’s priorities will be to determine basic/base skills/knowledge all employees should have, and develop areas of study, tracks for students from community college to university, and open job placement channels based on feedback.
- A second priority will be to determine common/specialized areas of research/collaboration interest, and to find faculty matches. More tasks will emerge as the group evolves.
The Regional Energy Forum provides regular industry/student/faculty networking events with keynote speakers. The event is free and open to the public, but please register so the organizers know how many lunches to provide. Also, please join the SIU Energy Group on LinkedIn for online discussions regarding the forum, or follow @SIUEnergy on Twitter. The Regional Energy Forum is sponsored by the SIU Advanced Coal and Energy Research Center and the SIU Research Park.
9/25/15 THEME: Our Energy Future
- 11:30 Doors Open, Lunch Available (Sandwiches), Energy Boost Q/A, Networking
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.: Presentations
- Dr. Tomasz Wiltowski, Advanced Coal and Energy Research Center: SIU Energy Research and Local Applications
- Dr. Peter Schubert, Director, Richard G. Lugar Center for Renewable Energy: Title TBA
- 1:00 - 1:30 Energy Boost Q/A, Networking