IIRA Brownfields Publications
From 2001 to 2007 IIRA published a series of research reports and related articles on brownfields redevelopment in Illinois municipalities. These articles are collected here and may be downloaded from the links below.
Study 1: Survey of 1,087 municipalities. Research conducted in 2000 and first published in 2001.
Study 2: Survey of 86 or 87 municipalities that participated in any of four specific brownfields programs. Research conducted 2002-2003 and first published in 2004.
- Brownfields Cleanup And Reuse in Illinois Municipalities
- Municipal Experiences With Brownfield Cleanup and Reuse Rural Research Report 15:10
- Involving Brownfields in Community Development: Preliminary Findings
- Alton Steel, Inc.: A brownfield success story
Study 3: Analysis of indicator data from 37 specific brownfields redevelopment projects plus case studies.
- Returns to Brownfields Investments
- Returns from redeveloping brownfields: Preliminary estimates
- Brownfield redevelopment: Outcomes in Illinois. Rural Research Report 16:6
- Brownfields properties. p. 170-172. In P. Robbins (ed.) Encyclopedia of environment and society
- Brownfields redevelopment strategy. Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)