The mission of the Regional Food Economic Development (ReFED) Project is to create economic growth in rural areas by providing business development assistance to beginning farmers, food processors, food hubs, food cooperatives, and independent grocers.
Local Food Business Resources
Below you will find a curation of resources for local food farmers and ranchers.
Below are a few of the areas that the initiative can assist local food producers, small farmers and ranchers, and small meat processors. If you are interested in attending a workshop on one of the areas below – or have a related topic that you would like to learn more about – please contact us.
- Business Considerations when scaling to wholesale markets
- Business Planning for food producers
- Business Planning for meat processors
- QuickBooks for local food producers
- Risk management in local food production
- Small farm and local food business 101: starting from scratch
- Small farm bookkeeping basics
Project ReFED Newsletters
Or view past editions below: